Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Swinging back into things

That's pretty much how I've been feeling the past few weeks...instead of getting back into the swing of things, I've been on a wild swinging ride into and out of them. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be back, and I love spending time with the people I love, but it hasn't been an easy adjustment. I'm not sure what made it so different this time, I just know that reverse culture shock is not my friend, lol. I've been trying to keep busy, though, and that has helped tremendously!

I've spent quite a bit of time with my friends and family. I've been out in the boat with my dad, enjoying the beauty of a Tennessee lake, and doing a little kneeboarding. I've been chilling with my bro quite a bit since we're now sharing an apartment together, and that's been super fun! I've helped my friend Amanda plan her wedding a little bit...we went dress shopping and had some success, I'm super excited about my bridesmaid dress; it's gorgeous! I've also spent a lot of time with my bud Ellen, chilling, watching movies and such...we haven't done a whole lot of planning for our road trip, yet, but we'll get to it eventually, lol.

This past weekend, I was able to attend the NAMM show in Nashville thanks to my Uncle Sam! The NAMM show is held at the convention center and is basically a "show", exhibits, etc., for small music retailers and stores to see all the latest in technology for musical instruments, equipment, and accessories. It's super awesome!! :-) I got to see lots of really cool gadgets and some pretty talented people.

So...I've done a lot of chilling, visiting, and driving, lol. This past weekend, I drove to Nashville twice and road once to Knoxville, plus a lot of driving back and forth between Cookeville and Sparta...I think I'm making up for the lost driving time while I was down in Mexico, lol.

The upcoming week promises to be fun, shopping with Mom tomorrow, finally doing some work at the Foreign Language department, and more hanging out with friends! My cousin David is coming in next week, as well, so that should be pretty fun!

Hope all is well for everyone out there. I'll update again soon...

Amor y paz,
Amelia

No comments: